Azubike Okoye is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice.
He routinely handles commercial litigation proceedings involving Engineering Construction liability claims, Winding-up of Companies, Oil spill claims, Aviation liability claims, Banking law and practice, Debt recovery, legal audit of corporate entities and Insurance disputes. He has garnered extensive experience in representing clientele in all Courts in Nigeria and before Arbitration and Mediation proceedings.
He is currently an accredited Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, U.K; Prime Dispute, U.K; Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators; Arbitration and Mediation Institute of New Zealand.
- Acted for an international financial institution in defending claims in a consolidated multiple proceeding arising from a complex construction contract executed in Ghana.
- Acted for a financial institution in respect of an instruction from a corresponding bank abroad premised on a contract of indemnity for freezing of a customer’s account.
- Acted for a leading Nigerian based construction company in a construction liability claim involving commercial terms and financial disputes relating to multiple engineering construction contract.
- Acted as an Expert witness in a contested matrimonial causes proceeding pending in the United States of America (USA) on the jurisdiction of the USA Court over a marriage celebrated in Nigeria between Nigerian American Citizens.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, LL.B. (Hons).
Nigerian Law School.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Notary Public, Supreme Court of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Judicial Commendation by a Honourable Judge of the High Court of Lagos State of Nigeria for excellent and in-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Law.
- Merit Based Scholarship, Federal Government of Nigeria, Undergraduate Scholarship.