Omobola Bakare is an associate in the corporate practice.
She is a Corporate Lawyer with fast growing experience in legal advisory, company secretarial and regulatory compliance practices across numerous sectors including Oil and Gas, Maritime, Employment, Shipping and Commercial sectors; with excellent client management skills and high-level professionalism at work and in all client-related dealings.
- Providing Corporate and Commercial legal advice to high profile clients such as North of England P & I Association Limited, Jabi Lake Mall Development Company Limited, Northwest Quadrant Development Company Limited, Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited. Scope of work includes:
- Attending Annual General Meetings, Emergency General Meetings and Board Meetings; and advising on compliance with standards of proceedings at such meetings.
- Ensuring clients compliance with respective regulatory bodies and sectoral industry Codes of Corporate Governance.
- Ensuring that client companies regulatory filings such as annual returns, change of directors e.t.c are prepared and filed timeously with relevant authorities such as the CAC, SEC, FRCN, NEPZA.
- Preparing legal opinions on relevant legal issues such as recent changes in legislation affecting clients’ respective industries and advising on how such changes affect the clients. Recent engagements include:
- Prepared a legal opinion for the Board of Directors of Solar Turbines (an international gas turbine service provider in the oil and gas industry), advising them on the legal implications of the suspension of an employee without recall.
- Prepared a legal opinion for Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) which advised on the statutory propriety of the demand by the Nigerian Export Promotion Council for the payment of 10% freight charges.
- Participated as a member of legal team drafted by NIMASA to review and draft an amended NIMASA Act and for related matters.
- Litigating suits on behalf of high-profile clients across all superior courts of record, particularly the Federal High Court and National Industrial Court. Recent engagements include:
- Represented North of England P & I Association Limited at the Federal High Court, Lagos in a suit involving a claim for damage to vessels.
- Represented Solar Turbines in an action for breach of contract of employment instituted against the client at the National Industrial Court.
Coventry University, LL.B (Hons), LL.M.
Nigerian Law School